Rainmakers Golf Course, designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., was built by our parent company, Pro-Turf International, Inc. and is perched up in the mountains at 7,000 feet. Rainmakers Golf Community is embraced by the seasonal beauty and panoramic surroundings that make Lincoln County New Mexico’s gem of the southern Rocky Mountains.
Key Golf faced the following challenges and implemented the following solutions.
- Severe water rationing / restrictions
- Mountainous drastic terrain conditions
- Limited water supplies for the growing and maintenance of the golf course
- Various wildlife that continually grazed the course
- Severe Climate changes such as severe cold in the Winter and drought in the Summer
- Maintaining the surrounding native foliage
Key Golf’s Solutions:
- Introduced EnviroMoist Polymers to combat water restrictions
- Implemented site specific Agronomy Program
- Implemented site specific Professional Training Program
- Utilized In-House Construction & Landscape Team’s
- Introduced new and innovative products that bring on efficiencies and water conservation
- Increased size of Tee’s to accommodate the demand for more play